Using Google sheets

Pablo Morales

Hello all,

My best whishes in this new year 2022 for all the members of this list, family and friends and even people that we don’t know around the world.

Guys, I am trying to use the Google sheets online software and I am a little bit disappointed with the way how screen readers are working on this online platform.

I have the virtual navigation off, insert + Z as well the browser accessibility feature on my google chrome.

I am using the last version of google chrome, last update of windows 10 64 bits, and the last version of Jaws and NVDA.

I have not been able to download a google sheets online file as Microsoft excel. I have read instructions about how to do that, but I have not found instructions about how to do this using a screen reader.

Any advice would be appreciate.

Pablo

.

Nimer Jaber

alt+f, down arrow to download as, press enter, then press enter on the first option.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Pablo Morales

Thank you for your email.

Your solution worked very well, thank you so much for that.

However, I am finding some inconsistence on the way how chrome or screen readers work. I have tried to download the file one more time as a Microsoft Excel sheet and pressing alt + F  did not work.

The keystroke is opening the Google Chrome  browser menus.

I have check that the virtual cursor is off and the browser accessibility are enable.

What could be creating this inconsistence when I am using Jaws or NVDA on the Google Sheets?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

[...]

If you are within the sheet, it will work. If not, it won't. Also, other browsers use alt+shift+f to get around this is, and you can certainly do that in Chrome as well.