Using Power Point with Zoom

Abbie Taylor

Starting next week, I'll be taking a class that meets on Zoom. The instructor told me she'll be using Power Point for part of the class.  I'm using NVDA and Braille. Is there anything my instructor or I can do so I'll be able to view the presentation? Thank you.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

chris judge

Hi Abbie.

You should ask your instructor to export the PP slide show as a word document and send it to you in advance.

There is also a service called scribe for meetings but I haven’t really had a chance to look in to it yet. See link below for more info.

scribe for meetings

Chris Judge

Starting next week, I'll be taking a class that meets on Zoom. The instructor told me she'll be using Power Point for part of the class.  I'm using NVDA and Braille. Is there anything my instructor or I can do so I'll be able to view the presentation? Thank you.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

chris judge

Hi again Abbie.

Below are the instructions that, if followed by your instructor should generate the most accessible format.

Open the presentation. Next, go to the file menu and choose export.

Choose Create handouts from the list of options.

Choose outline view. This is the only view that is accessible to screen readers.

Next, choose outline only.

This should generate a text only word document with the text of all slides.

I hope this helps.

Chris Judge

Starting next week, I'll be taking a class that meets on Zoom. The instructor told me she'll be using Power Point for part of the class.  I'm using NVDA and Braille. Is there anything my instructor or I can do so I'll be able to view the presentation? Thank you.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Abbie Taylor

Thank you, Chris. I've looked into Scribe. But this class is offered through a community college that doesn't have the financial resources to pay for such a program. So, I'll send my instructor your directions for converting the power presentation to a Word document. Thanks again.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Angelo Sonnesso

The instructor will need to email you the PowerPoint file.

Starting next week, I'll be taking a class that meets on Zoom. The instructor told me she'll be using Power Point for part of the class.  I'm using NVDA and Braille. Is there anything my instructor or I can do so I'll be able to view the presentation? Thank you.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

chris judge

Hi. Ask your instructor to export the slides in to ms word as a handout. Then email them to you. Do you have Microsoft word?

The instructor will need to email you the PowerPoint file.

Starting next week, I'll be taking a class that meets on Zoom. The instructor told me she'll be using Power Point for part of the class.  I'm using NVDA and Braille. Is there anything my instructor or I can do so I'll be able to view the presentation? Thank you.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Joe Orozco

Check out Scribe for Meetings. It'll let you view the presentation in
real time same as your fellow students and render the PPT in an
accessible format for you.--Joe

--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
https://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com <http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com>