From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2021 8:21 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] voice recording apps for IPhone

Hi all,

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

gbmagoo@...

Just Press Record

On Sep 12, 2021, at 17:26, John Holcomb II <jhii926@gmail.com> wrote:

Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

enes sarıbaş

Hi,

Does this offer better customization though? I need a high function app over one that is easy to use. Voice memos is easy to use as well.

On 9/12/2021 8:01 PM, gbmagoo@gmail.com wrote:
Just Press Record
On Sep 12, 2021, at 17:26, John Holcomb II <jhii926@gmail.com> wrote:

Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

Leo Bado

Hi, I don't know exactly what you want, but have you tried Backpack Studio?

Best,
Leo Bado.

--
cheers:
Aaron Spears AKA Valiant8086 - General Partner Valiant Galaxy Associates. "We make *very good audiogames* for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com

Victor

It’s pretty high-quality stereo.

Victor

On Sep 13, 2021, at 7:15 AM, valiant8086 <valiant8086@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sharon Hooley

Can you do multi-track recording with Backpack Studio so that your voice sounds like more than one person talking or singing? That's the kind of app I like to use.

www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Sep 13, 2021, at 5:22 AM, Victor <victorelawrence@gmail.com> wrote:

That’s right! I forgot about that one! It’s a great app! It’s good for recording podcasts and various kinds of music recordings if you want to be a DJ because it allows you to mix tracks and add sound effects.

Victor
On Sep 13, 2021, at 3:19 AM, Leo Bado <leobado1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I don't know exactly what you want, but have you tried Backpack Studio?

Best,
Leo Bado.

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

Jujube

I am not sure about Backpack Studio but I know Hokusai Editor and Ferrite and multitrack record. As to your original question Enes, I think iOS devices all record in mono pretty much no matter what, and no app will really get around that. I think it's just a system wide thing that is not changeable. Yes, newer iOS devices have an extra mic if I'm right, but I don't think voice recorders really use it and i'm not entirely sure what it's for.

enes sarıbaş

is it fully accessible? Can  you record with no audio processing, AGC, etc?  Can you adjust bitrate?

On 9/13/2021 9:34 AM, Victor wrote:
[...]

Several questions on that app. Does it allow to record without audio processing? Is it better than the Dolby?

On 9/13/2021 5:19 AM, Leo Bado wrote:
Hi, I don't know exactly what you want, but have you tried Backpack Studio?

Best,
Leo Bado.

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

chris judge

Hi. Not sure if anyone has tried this one. It isn't fancy by any means but if you just want to make a quick recording there is an app called rec-up. I use it all the time. What I like about it is you link it to your drop box account. Each time you make a recording it is automatically uploaded to a folder in your drop box. It's as basic as you can get but it works.

Chris Judge

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

Chris Judd

I use an app called just press record, and it records in either stereo or mono, you can pick.
It is an accessible app to use, and I love it!