voice recording apps for IPhone

enes sarıbaş

Hi all,

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

John Holcomb II

Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2021 8:21 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] voice recording apps for IPhone

Hi all,

Does anyone know of better accessible voice recording apps for the IPhone? The voice memos app records in mono, and doesn't offer anything other than 64k and wav quality. The newer IPhones come with a second microphone. Are any apps able to use it?

gbmagoo@...

Just Press Record

On Sep 12, 2021, at 17:26, John Holcomb II <jhii926@gmail.com> wrote:

Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas

Hi all,

enes sarıbaş

Hi,

Does this offer better customization though? I need a high function app over one that is easy to use. Voice memos is easy to use as well.

On 9/12/2021 8:01 PM, gbmagoo@gmail.com wrote:
Just Press Record

Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Hi all,

Victor

Ferrite Recording Studio is accessible and good, Hokusai is good, Goldwave is good and Twistedwave is good. All of these are accessible, customizable and not expensive. Dolby On is good too and it's free.

Victor

On Sep 12, 2021, at 6:17 PM, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Does this offer better customization though? I need a high function app over one that is easy to use. Voice memos is easy to use as well.

Just Press Record
Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Hi all,

Leo Bado

Hi, I don't know exactly what you want, but have you tried Backpack Studio?

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2021 6:21 PM

Hi all,

Victor

That’s right! I forgot about that one! It’s a great app! It’s good for recording podcasts and various kinds of music recordings if you want to be a DJ because it allows you to mix tracks and add sound effects.

Victor

On Sep 13, 2021, at 3:19 AM, Leo Bado <leobado1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

Hi all,

valiant8086

Hi just told someone who started a new thread that Dolby On isn't stereo for the recording process. But I didn't realize you could get Dolby On for iOS, is it mono recording only for iOS too?

On 9/12/2021 11:48 PM, Victor wrote:
Ferrite Recording Studio is accessible and good, Hokusai is good, Goldwave is good and Twistedwave is good. All of these are accessible, customizable and not expensive. Dolby On is good too and it's free.

Victor

Hi,

Just Press Record
Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Hi all,

--
cheers:
Aaron Spears AKA Valiant8086 - General Partner Valiant Galaxy Associates. "We make *very good audiogames* for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com

Victor

It’s pretty high-quality stereo.

Victor

On Sep 13, 2021, at 7:15 AM, valiant8086 <valiant8086@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi just told someone who started a new thread that Dolby On isn't stereo for the recording process. But I didn't realize you could get Dolby On for iOS, is it mono recording only for iOS too?

Victor
Hi,

Just Press Record
Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Hi all,

--
cheers:
Aaron Spears AKA Valiant8086 - General Partner Valiant Galaxy Associates. "We make *very good audiogames* for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com

Sharon Hooley

Can you do multi-track recording with Backpack Studio so that your voice sounds like more than one person talking or singing? That's the kind of app I like to use.

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Sep 13, 2021, at 5:22 AM, Victor <victorelawrence@gmail.com> wrote:

That’s right! I forgot about that one! It’s a great app! It’s good for recording podcasts and various kinds of music recordings if you want to be a DJ because it allows you to mix tracks and add sound effects.

Victor

Best,
Leo Bado.

Hi all,

Jujube

I am not sure about Backpack Studio but I know Hokusai Editor and Ferrite and multitrack record. As to your original question Enes, I think iOS devices all record in mono pretty much no matter what, and no app will really get around that. I think it's just a system wide thing that is not changeable. Yes, newer iOS devices have an extra mic if I'm right, but I don't think voice recorders really use it and i'm not entirely sure what it's for.

enes sarıbaş

is it fully accessible? Can  you record with no audio processing, AGC, etc?  Can you adjust bitrate?

On 9/13/2021 9:34 AM, Victor wrote:
It’s pretty high-quality stereo.

Victor
On Sep 13, 2021, at 7:15 AM, valiant8086 <valiant8086@gmail.com> wrote:

Victor
Hi,

Just Press Record
Pocket recorder
Just Press Record.
John

Hi all,

--
cheers:

enes sarıbaş

Several questions on that app. Does it allow to record without audio processing? Is it better than the Dolby?

On 9/13/2021 5:19 AM, Leo Bado wrote:

Best,
Leo Bado.

Hi all,

enes sarıbaş

Would it be overkill if I wanted to do recordings of various things to share with family and friends?

On 9/13/2021 6:22 AM, Victor wrote:

Victor

Best,
Leo Bado.

Hi all,

chris judge

Hi. Not sure if anyone has tried this one. It isn't fancy by any means but if you just want to make a quick recording there is an app called rec-up. I use it all the time. What I like about it is you link it to your drop box account. Each time you make a recording it is automatically uploaded to a folder in your drop box. It's as basic as you can get but it works.

Chris Judge

Sent: September 15, 2021 8:49 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] voice recording apps for IPhone

Would it be overkill if I wanted to do recordings of various things to share with family and friends?

Victor

Best,
Leo Bado.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
enes saribas

Hi all,

enes sarıbaş

So guys, I have backpack studio. How do you do a stereo recording? Recording is always mono even when I select stereo.

On 9/16/2021 2:54 AM, chris judge wrote:
Hi. Not sure if anyone has tried this one. It isn't fancy by any means but if you just want to make a quick recording there is an app called rec-up. I use it all the time. What I like about it is you link it to your drop box account. Each time you make a recording it is automatically uploaded to a folder in your drop box. It's as basic as you can get but it works.

Chris Judge

Victor

Best,
Leo Bado.

enes saribas

Hi all,

Chris Judd

I use an app called just press record, and it records in either stereo or mono, you can pick.
It is an accessible app to use, and I love it!

On 9/17/2021 11:30 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
So guys, I have backpack studio. How do you do a stereo recording? Recording is always mono even when I select stereo.

On 9/16/2021 2:54 AM, chris judge wrote:

Chris Judge

Victor

Best,
      Leo Bado.

enes saribas

Hi all,