Welcome to the latest members (we're at 86 now)

Carlos

As the subject says, thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far and I will do my best to make this work.  We already have quite a few knowledgeable members who have signed on.  I would like to believe that I'm fairly open minded so hopefully this will be reflected in how the list is managed.  Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me know when I'm being an idiot.  There are really only a few basic rules.

1. Discussions , questions, and articles about all types of technology are allowed.

2. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed.  If you are not sure if a particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become restrictive and cramp my style so just use common sense.

Regards,
Carlos

I admire the fact that you created a new list. I am a pro lurker so I
have more experience with reading than responding so have a good idea
of how you handle things. I just hope that when it comes time to
enforce some sort of rule that it is handled in a way that doesn't
pulsate with a vibe of "1984" or make me feel like I am in school
again and someone was caught talking during class. I understand there
needs to be rules, but how they are enforced is handled can piss off
people. I'm not talking about those that can find anything in almost
everything to get mad about, I'm sure people understand what I'm
saying there. Speaking from experience it can be tough going from a
peon position to one of management and not look like you are being a
bully or betraying the people who think of you as a friend. I hope
that line isn't too hard to achieve here. Moderating anything can be
hard, dealing with a bunch of different people with different ideas
about how things should be and not looking like a total dictator or
asshole can be hard too.

Melissa

On 8/30/15, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
As the subject says, thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far and I will
do my best to make this work. We already have quite a few knowledgeable
members who have signed on. I would like to believe that I'm fairly open
minded so hopefully this will be reflected in how the list is managed.
Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me know
when I'm being an idiot. There are really only a few basic rules.

1. Discussions , questions, and articles about all types of technology are
allowed.

2. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed. If you are not sure if
a particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me in a private
message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become restrictive and cramp my style so just use common
sense.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos

Hi Melissa,
All I can say is that I will try my best to respond in a fair and reasonable manner without being antagonistic. As it says in the list description, I am neither a dictator or a lawyer so I think I can avoid micro managing or crossing the line into being a bully.

----- Original Message -----
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're at 86 now)

I admire the fact that you created a new list. I am a pro lurker so I
have more experience with reading than responding so have a good idea
of how you handle things. I just hope that when it comes time to
enforce some sort of rule that it is handled in a way that doesn't
pulsate with a vibe of "1984" or make me feel like I am in school
again and someone was caught talking during class. I understand there
needs to be rules, but how they are enforced is handled can piss off
people. I'm not talking about those that can find anything in almost
everything to get mad about, I'm sure people understand what I'm
saying there. Speaking from experience it can be tough going from a
peon position to one of management and not look like you are being a
bully or betraying the people who think of you as a friend. I hope
that line isn't too hard to achieve here. Moderating anything can be
hard, dealing with a bunch of different people with different ideas
about how things should be and not looking like a total dictator or
asshole can be hard too.

Melissa

allowed.

message.

3. Try to be civilized.

sense.

Regards,
Carlos

Carolyn Arnold

Sounds just right like the baby bear's soup.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're at 86 now)

allowed.

message.

3. Try to be civilized.

sense.

Regards,
Carlos

Carolyn Arnold

I, for one, am willing to trust in Carlos's discretion. On a very small scale, I know how to manage a group. I have wanted to step down, but I'm told that my discretion help keeps everyone on track. If I can do that, I feel very confident that Carlos can.

Best from,

Carolyn

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:54 PM

I admire the fact that you created a new list. I am a pro lurker so I have more experience with reading than responding so have a good idea of how you handle things. I just hope that when it comes time to enforce some sort of rule that it is handled in a way that doesn't pulsate with a vibe of "1984" or make me feel like I am in school again and someone was caught talking during class. I understand there needs to be rules, but how they are enforced is handled can piss off people. I'm not talking about those that can find anything in almost everything to get mad about, I'm sure people understand what I'm saying there. Speaking from experience it can be tough going from a peon position to one of management and not look like you are being a bully or betraying the people who think of you as a friend. I hope that line isn't too hard to achieve here. Moderating anything can be hard, dealing with a bunch of different people with different ideas about how things should be and not looking like a total dictator or asshole can be hard too.

Melissa

As the subject says, thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far and
I will do my best to make this work. We already have quite a few
knowledgeable members who have signed on. I would like to believe
that I'm fairly open minded so hopefully this will be reflected in how the list is managed.
Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me
know when I'm being an idiot. There are really only a few basic rules.

1. Discussions , questions, and articles about all types of technology
are allowed.

2. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed. If you are not
sure if a particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me
in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become restrictive and cramp my style so just use
common sense.

Regards,
Carlos

Christina Stolze

Carlos,

Those rules sound very reasonable. I am glad to be a part of this list everyone is so nice and helpful and knowledgeable. I have learned a lot and I look forward to learning a lot more. Have a great night.

Christina

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:33 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're at 86 now)

As the subject says, thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far and I will do my best to make this work.  We already have quite a few knowledgeable members who have signed on.  I would like to believe that I'm fairly open minded so hopefully this will be reflected in how the list is managed.  Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me know when I'm being an idiot.  There are really only a few basic rules.

1. Discussions , questions, and articles about all types of technology are allowed.

2. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed.  If you are not sure if a particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become restrictive and cramp my style so just use common sense.

Regards,

Carlos

Lynn White

Carlos,

I like your rules.  They make total sense.

On 8/30/2015 6:32 PM, Carlos wrote:

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos

Hi Lynn,
Thanks and glad to have you here.  Despite differences of opinion between myself and the owners/moderators of BlindTech, I wish them luck and harbor no ill will.  If I don't resubscribe, it's in part because I think it was time for me to move on to something new and now that I've created this list I believe I should focus my efforts here.  I've never really subscribed to more than a couple of mailing lists at a time anyway LOL just for the sake of keeping the amount of incoming mail to a dull roar.

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:50 PM

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Lynn White

Hey Carlos,

Just so you know, when I had advised not to create a new list, I was not being critical.  Was just trying to give them a chance to right the ship. 

But, this is a fine list and I would see no reason for either list to close down.  Even if I ever owned that list again, I would glad be here as well.

No worries you guys.  I have no plans to own that list again.  I'm loving my retirement from a nine to five job too much.

On 8/31/2015 2:37 AM, Carlos wrote:
Hi Lynn,
Thanks and glad to have you here.  Despite differences of opinion between myself and the owners/moderators of BlindTech, I wish them luck and harbor no ill will.  If I don't resubscribe, it's in part because I think it was time for me to move on to something new and now that I've created this list I believe I should focus my efforts here.  I've never really subscribed to more than a couple of mailing lists at a time anyway LOL just for the sake of keeping the amount of incoming mail to a dull roar.

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos

Hi Lynn,
No worries, I did not take it as criticism.  I know that there are other members like Gene for example who were also concerned about creating yet another list and causing fragmentation/confusion.  And while I agree with and share some of those concerns, there is a limit to what you can do when the differences in opinion about how a list should be managed cannot be easily reconciled.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 7:22 AM

Hey Carlos,

Just so you know, when I had advised not to create a new list, I was not being critical.  Was just trying to give them a chance to right the ship. 

But, this is a fine list and I would see no reason for either list to close down.  Even if I ever owned that list again, I would glad be here as well.

No worries you guys.  I have no plans to own that list again.  I'm loving my retirement from a nine to five job too much.

Hi Lynn,

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Troy Burnham

Hi All,

I just joined last night after reading the thread on BlindTech mentioning that this list had been created and I'm very happy to be here, you are really a wealth of information Carlos and in case you decide not to go back to BlindTech I joined this list to continue receiving your expertise.

Troy

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 2:37 AM

Hi Lynn,

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos

Thank you for the kind words Troy and welcome to the list.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 8:44 AM

Hi All,

I just joined last night after reading the thread on BlindTech mentioning that this list had been created and I'm very happy to be here, you are really a wealth of information Carlos and in case you decide not to go back to BlindTech I joined this list to continue receiving your expertise.

Troy

Hi Lynn,

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Pat Seed

It is good to see so many familiar faces, who have come with their technological expertise to share.
Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 8:46 AM

Hi All,

Troy

Hi Lynn,

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3532 / Virus Database: 4365/10550 - Release Date: 08/31/15

Carlos

Welcome Pat,
Glad to have you here.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 8:51 AM

It is good to see so many familiar faces, who have come with their technological expertise to share.
Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 8:46 AM

Hi All,

Troy

Hi Lynn,

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3532 / Virus Database: 4365/10550 - Release Date: 08/31/15

Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@...>

Hi Carlos

Agreed, I always find your messages useful and informative,
good luck with the new group carlos.

Regards

Adrien

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're
at 86 now)

To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest
members (we're at 86 now)

Hi All,

I just joined last night after reading the thread on
BlindTech mentioning that this list had been created and I'm
very happy to be here, you are really a wealth of
information Carlos and in case you decide not to go back to
BlindTech I joined this list to continue receiving your
expertise.

Troy

<mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to the
latest members (we're at 86 now)

Hi Lynn,
Thanks and glad to have you here. Despite
differences of opinion between myself and the
owners/moderators of BlindTech, I wish them luck and harbor
no ill will. If I don't resubscribe, it's in part because I
think it was time for me to move on to something new and now
that I've created this list I believe I should focus my
efforts here. I've never really subscribed to more than a
couple of mailing lists at a time anyway LOL just for the
sake of keeping the amount of incoming mail to a dull roar.

<mailto:lynnwhite360@radioforlife.info>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:50
PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to
the latest members (we're at 86 now)

Carlos,

I like your rules. They make total
sense.

As the subject says, thanks
to everyone who has subscribed so far and I will do my best
to make this work. We already have quite a few
knowledgeable members who have signed on. I would like to
believe that I'm fairly open minded so hopefully this will
be reflected in how the list is managed. Don't hesitate to
share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me know when
I'm being an idiot. There are really only a few basic
rules.

1. Discussions , questions,
and articles about all types of technology are allowed.

2. Discussion of illegal
activities is not allowed. If you are not sure if a
particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me
in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become
restrictive and cramp my style so just use common sense.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos

Welcome Adrien.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 9:15 AM
Subject: RE: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're at 86 now)

Hi Carlos

Agreed, I always find your messages useful and informative,

Regards

Adrien

at 86 now)

Hi All,

BlindTech mentioning that this list had been created and I'm
information Carlos and in case you decide not to go back to
expertise.

Troy

Hi Lynn,
owners/moderators of BlindTech, I wish them luck and harbor
no ill will. If I don't resubscribe, it's in part because I
think it was time for me to move on to something new and now
sake of keeping the amount of incoming mail to a dull roar.

PM

Carlos,

sense.

to everyone who has subscribed so far and I will do my best
be reflected in how the list is managed. Don't hesitate to
share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me know when
rules.

2. Discussion of illegal
particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me
in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become

Regards,
Carlos

Lynn White

Right there with you bro.

On 8/31/2015 6:34 AM, Carlos wrote:
Hi Lynn,
No worries, I did not take it as criticism.  I know that there are other members like Gene for example who were also concerned about creating yet another list and causing fragmentation/confusion.  And while I agree with and share some of those concerns, there is a limit to what you can do when the differences in opinion about how a list should be managed cannot be easily reconciled.
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 7:22 AM

Hey Carlos,

Hi Lynn,

Carlos,

3. Try to be civilized.

Regards,
Carlos

Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@...>

Hi Carlos

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Regards

Adrien

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 3:26 PM
at 86 now)

Welcome Adrien.
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 9:15 AM
Subject: RE: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're
at 86 now)

Hi Carlos

Agreed, I always find your messages useful and
informative,

Regards

Adrien

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members
(we're
at 86 now)

Hi All,

BlindTech mentioning that this list had been created and
I'm
information Carlos and in case you decide not to go back
to
expertise.

Troy

Hi Lynn,
owners/moderators of BlindTech, I wish them luck and
harbor
no ill will. If I don't resubscribe, it's in part because
I
think it was time for me to move on to something new and
now
sake of keeping the amount of incoming mail to a dull
roar.

PM

Carlos,

sense.

to everyone who has subscribed so far and I will do my
best
be reflected in how the list is managed. Don't hesitate
to
share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me know
when
rules.

2. Discussion of illegal
particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask
me
in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become

Regards,
Carlos