Topics

Well I Got A Keurig For A Christmas Present: What Next?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Sorry for the somewhat humorous subject line, but here's the deal. I got a Kuerig (fancy new-fangled in vogue coffee machine/maker/whatever) for Christmas.  I have had a few sighted people try to instruct me as to its usage over the phone.  Well I assembled the little staff or what you may call it into the area where the water is poured, put the pod in, put the water in the little compartment, pressed what I believe is the proper sequence of buttons to brew a large 16 ounce cup of coffee and 4 out of 5 times, nothing happens.  Eventually, if I persist, I get a perfectly brewed cup of coffee.

What could be going wrong?  If anyone has this type of device, please advise the proper sequence of key presses or what other things a clind person might need to understand about the operation of this device.

Thanks in advance for help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Pamela Dominguez

You shouldn't have to press a sequence of buttons, just a certain one. But since I don't know what one you have, I can't tell you which one. Pam.

[...]

https://www.avg.com

chris judge

Most of the ones I've used require you to press 2 buttons, one to turn it on and get things going, the other to actually brew the coffee.

Chris Judge

[...]

Blaster

Ron, I had a similar experience to you. What I've found is after you
fill the machine with water and then press the top button to turn it
on, you need to wait a little bit for the water to heat up. Put the
k-cup in and close the clamp down and then press the bottom button to
start brewing the coffee. If nothing happens, wait a minute or so
then lift the clamp and then close the clamp and press the bottom
button again. You'll get the timing of it with practice.

HTH,
Blaster

On 12/26/20, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Okay sorry; I was thinking of after you turned it on. Pam.

[...]

Lisa Belville

Yep, those are the older models.  The one I have is like that and it works for the most part.  My sister got one a few weeks ago that is the updated version.  It has buttons for size of cup and temperature.  this one also has the heated water stored in the back.   I believe it can be programmed to start at a certain time as well.

So Ron, question:  How many buttons does your Keurig have?  Or what is the model number?  This might help.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com