what version of pontes media downloader works best with jaws?

Jim Rawls

                I am running windows ten and jaws 2021. Jim

Gene

I expect it is the same as with NVDA because of the ways accessibility is implemented in the program.  I won't go into that here but in one or two ways, accessibility is better in 2.x versions.  But you can use the download log, which you can look at while downloading to work around the download information you don't see.  That is the main difference between 2.x and 3.x, you see more download information in the program itself.  I am referring to information such as download speed and estimated completion time.

If you are going to download files in the MP3 format, the 3.x series has a major advantage.  You can set the bit rate for MP3 conversions.  In 2.x, the bit rate is set for something like 128KBPS, which is alright for listening with small headphones but which isn't at all satisfactory for those interested in good sounds.

If there are other differences that matter, I'll let others discuss them.

There is one more thing I should point out in terms of accessibility.  With NVDA, and I would think with JAWS, in the 3.x series, when  you press alt, to start moving through a menu, you have to down arrow twice.  I haven't tried up arrowing  immediately after opening a menu.  Also, the name of the menu is not read.  You can right arrow and left arrow to move from menu to menu but you won't hear the names announced.  I don't recall if you have to down arrow twice every time you move to a new menu to start moving.

Gene