From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jamie
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 3:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them

Hi, everyone,
I am using Jaws 20 and my computer is windows 8.1.
When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them. It’s like they’re not there, even though I know they are.
Can anyone help?
Thanks so much.

Gene

Do you see them if you look using the JAWS cursor?  What settings do you see if you open the view menu with alt v wile in that folder?

Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 5:11 PM

Have you tried maximizing the screen - Alt+Spacebar+X?

I am using Jaws 20 and my computer is windows 8.1.
When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them. It’s like they’re not there, even though I know they are.
Can anyone help?
Thanks so much.

Jamie

When I use the jaws cursor it says “select a file to preview.
Alt V doesn’t do anything while I’m in the folder.

Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 5:11 PM

Have you tried maximizing the screen - Alt+Spacebar+X?

I am using Jaws 20 and my computer is windows 8.1.
When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them. It’s like they’re not there, even though I know they are.
Can anyone help?
Thanks so much.

Jamie

Okay, I was able to get alt V to work. It says show hidden items unavailable.

Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 5:11 PM

Have you tried maximizing the screen - Alt+Spacebar+X?