From: "Allen West" <alwest0324@...>
To: <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 10:46 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Wifi problem

Hi All,

Recently, we started working from home and assisting our clients over
the phone. Yesterday, I was asked to help someone connect to the
Internet. This has always been a piece of cake until yesterday. I had
her go to Settings, then Network and Internet. I have always found
Wifi to be right after Status. On her computer both Wifi and Airplane
mode are missing from the list.

If anyone has seen this before and found a work around, can you help us.

Thanks

Allen

Allen West

That is what I was thinking. Do you know of a way to recover them?
Thanks

Allen

On 3/28/20, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
it sounds like the wi fy drivers are missing

Recently, we started working from home and assisting our clients over
the phone. Yesterday, I was asked to help someone connect to the
Internet. This has always been a piece of cake until yesterday. I had
her go to Settings, then Network and Internet. I have always found
Wifi to be right after Status. On her computer both Wifi and Airplane
mode are missing from the list.

If anyone has seen this before and found a work around, can you help us.

Thanks

Allen

Mike B

Try going into Control panel / Device manager and find the wireless card in there and check the driver status.

I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

On 3/28/20, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <k_gunness@...> wrote:
> it sounds like the wi fy drivers are missing

Allen West

Thanks Mike,

I'll give it a try.

Allen

wrote:
it sounds like the wi fy drivers are missing

Recently, we started working from home and assisting our clients over
the phone. Yesterday, I was asked to help someone connect to the
Internet. This has always been a piece of cake until yesterday. I had
her go to Settings, then Network and Internet. I have always found
Wifi to be right after Status. On her computer both Wifi and Airplane
mode are missing from the list.

If anyone has seen this before and found a work around, can you help us.

Thanks

Allen

Smiling?

Try just using the search feature using your Windows key and simply typing wifi and it should bring up wifi in settings which it sounds where you were trying to go if you are using Windows10.