Topics

WINDOWS10 INSTALLATION TOOLKIT: A QUESTION

Hi Everyone:

Here's a question I could not answer succinctly:

It's an Asus laptop running Windows8.1; owner wishes to UPGRADE IT to
Windows10 using the Windows10 Microsoft Toolkit. Can this Toolkit be copied
to a flash drive from, say a Windows7 computer and then used to perform the
upgrade on the aforementioned laptop?

Not sure I was clear enough, but that's why I'm running back to my LOCKDOWN
DESK to wait to be straightened out. I'm trying to help someone else, so
thanks a ton for all help!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Smiling?

Yes, it should work just fine and if not, copy it to the drive from the
flash drive. But trying it first is the way to truly see. Feel free to let
us know the outcome.

Here's a question I could not answer succinctly:

It's an Asus laptop running Windows8.1; owner wishes to UPGRADE IT to
Windows10 using the Windows10 Microsoft Toolkit. Can this Toolkit be copied
to a flash drive from, say a Windows7 computer and then used to perform the
upgrade on the aforementioned laptop?

Not sure I was clear enough, but that's why I'm running back to my LOCKDOWN
DESK to wait to be straightened out. I'm trying to help someone else, so
thanks a ton for all help!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

enes sarıbaş

You can absolutely do this. You can just copy the upgrade assistant executible, but you do need an active internet connection to perform the upgrade.