Topics

windows 7 64 bit issue need help please?

Michael Amaro

Hello Listers,

I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop running windows 7 64 bit ultimate. When I try and start the computer I get the following windows failed to load because a system registry file is missing or corrupt.  It Then gives steps to fix the issue.  How ever I don't have the windows installation disc.  I have tried booting in to safe mode no luck.  I have tried start windows normally no luck either.

Thanks
Michael
email/messenger
mikeameli@...
Skype ID
mikeameli
JFK
"What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war, not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living and the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and build a better life for their children not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women not merely peace in our time but peace in all time."

Carlos

A couple of things you can try.
1. Select
"Last Known Good Configuration"
from the advanced boot menu F8.  You will probably need sighted assistance.
2. If all else fails, your system most likely has a recovery partition from which you can restore the system to factory defaults.  You may be able to access the recovery options from the advanced boot menu as well, but this can vary with different manufacturers so if not you may have to research how to access the recovery options for your specific model online.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 6:43 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] windows 7 64 bit issue need help please?

Hello Listers,

I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop running windows 7 64 bit ultimate. When I try and start the computer I get the following windows failed to load because a system registry file is missing or corrupt.  It Then gives steps to fix the issue.  How ever I don't have the windows installation disc.  I have tried booting in to safe mode no luck.  I have tried start windows normally no luck either.

Thanks
Michael
email/messenger
mikeameli@...
Skype ID
mikeameli
JFK
"What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war, not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living and the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and build a better life for their children not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women not merely peace in our time but peace in all time."

Carlos

Also, the manufacturer recovery options usually have a repair choice as well.  You might want to try that before resorting to restoring to factory defaults.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 7 64 bit issue need help please?

1. Select
2. If all else fails, your system most likely has a recovery partition from which you can restore the system to factory defaults.  You may be able to access the recovery options from the advanced boot menu as well, but this can vary with different manufacturers so if not you may have to research how to access the recovery options for your specific model online.

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
email/messenger
mikeameli@...
Skype ID
mikeameli
JFK

Michael Amaro

thanks my friend

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 7 64 bit issue need help please?

1. Select

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
email/messenger
mikeameli@...
Skype ID
mikeameli
JFK