windows 7 my theme under personalization won't stay where I had it

joanne

I know that the windows classic, windows 7, or windows 7 basic themes have been recommended by several in my tech groups, but when I try to change to one of these I'll go back and it goes back to unsaved theme or high contrast white. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I did like the windows classic because it hid desktop in the alt tabbing. Is there a way, using Jaws 2019 or 2021, to make sure the theme I set will stick?

Thank you.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Here are 2 sets of steps to do this:
Taking the Desktop out of the loop when using Alt + Tab.
You want to change your desktop theme to Windows Classic.  Try the following:
1. While on the desktop make sure nothing is selected.  Press control + spacebar until you hear not selected.  You can also press the F5 key.
2. Open your context menu, up arrow to personalize, & press enter.
3. Press down arrow until you get to an item called Windows7 Basic.  Right arrow to Windows Classic. Hit the enter key to make the
desired change.
4. Wait a few seconds or until you hear an audio sound effect confirming the completion of this process. I would wait another 2
minutes or so as your computer is making lots of changes and you want to allow lots of time for the process to complete.

Note: Also, changing desktop themes  can possibly change your Sound Schemes as well.  So, you might have to alter your sound schemes to get the sounds
you want.

Take care.  Mike.  This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

From: Carlos
You can remove the desktop from the Alt  Tab list by selecting the
"Windows Classic"
theme.

1. Open the
"Run" dialog by pressing Windows key+R and type
control desktop
followed by Enter.

2. Use the Arrow keys to find the
"Windows Classic"
theme in the list and press Enter to select  it.
Carlos

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.