Topics

Windows Explorer Crash

Vicki W

This morning my Windows Explorer stopped working on my Windows 7 Desktop.

I get the error message below:

explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
 Sometimes after several minutes it will begin working on my D drive, but never on the C drive.

I can access my document via the network on my laptop, so I know the computer itself is still working.

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks.

Vicki

Brian K. Lingard

Sounds as if your hard drive is failing. Replace the drive, probably with a larger one or SSD, reinstall your Windows 110 immediately as well as Screen Readers.

Brian K. Lingard

This morning my Windows Explorer stopped working on my Windows 7 Desktop.

I get the error message below:

explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
 Sometimes after several minutes it will begin working on my D drive, but never on the C drive.

I can access my document via the network on my laptop, so I know the computer itself is still working.

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks.

Vicki

_._,_._,

Gene

I wouldn't assume that.  Of course, things should be backed up whether a hard drive is failing or not but we don't know if this problem is associated with a failing hard drive.  I doubt it is the cause, since a system restore didn't solve the problem.  But even if that hadn't been done, that is a worst case possibility and worst case possibilities are are less likely than others.

Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Explorer Crash