Windows Program for Internet Radio Stations?

Jerry Berrier <jlblists@...>

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Michael Hunt

Use your echo to enable Get Me Radio and tell her what kind of genre your looking for or if you know the name of the radio station she will play it.

.  For example just say Alexa enable Get Me Radio and ask for Blind Café Radio and she will play it.

Get me radio is on all platforms.

They have hundreds of radio stations you can choose from.

Michael

Gene

Tapin radio is a program I like that is pretty accessible.  You can read about it and download it here.
It isn’t free and I don’t know the cost.  However, you can use it as a free program.  There is a trial period that lasts for a certain amount of time while the program is fully functional.  After that, after you open the program and start listening to stations, the program is fully functional for a number of minutes.  Then, as you are listening a message pops up about buying the software.  The station you are listening to continues to play so long as you don’t activate the ok button.  So if you are listening to something and you want to keep listening, you may do so.  If you want to change stations or see what is going on on a number of stations or search for a station, if you activate the ok button, it will close.  Then run the program again and do things during the full functioning number of minutes.

If you open the program and aren’t listening to something, that doesn’t count as time before the message comes up.  Its listening time that counts, so you can open the program, search for a station, or find a station in your favorites and you wont be using up the minutes.  But when you listen to something, as long as you are, that counts against the minutes.

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:00 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Windows Program for Internet Radio Stations?

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Gene

Also, do you want to limit yourself to a program?  There are sites that aggregate a large collection of stations you can search for and listen to by following links on the sites.  Others probably know of such sites.

I’m curious about one I used to use very occasionally.  I don’t recall the full name, but it had Steve Sparks in the name.  I just searched for it and found nothing in the first seven or eight results.  Is it still around?

Gene

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 9:36 AM

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:00 AM

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Merv Keck

I don’t see a problem with using a program or an app for listening to radio programs if that works for someone. I use Tapin Radio Pro on my windows machine and wish I could find something as good for the Mac.
Merv

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 9:36 AM

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:00 AM

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?
Thanks.

Jerry Berrier
(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Gene

I didn’t mean to imply, if I did, that there is a problem if you just use a program.  But different aggregators may have different stations.  Also, some people may prefer listening through a browser, following links on a site.

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 9:36 AM

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:00 AM

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?
Thanks.

Jerry Berrier
(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Jerry Berrier <jlblists@...>

Thanks Gene.  This is exactly what I was looking for.