Word Files Uploding Automatically

Mike B.

Hi All,

My sister is running Windows 10 21H1 latest and she's having an issue with her Word files automatically uploding whenever she creates or edits an existing document.  I believe this is either a OneDrive issue, a Word setting, or maybe both.  Since I don't have OneDrive turned on and I turned hers off when I set up her computer I'm thinking that OneDrive may have possibly been turned on during an update.

Would someone that has experienced this behavior please inform me as to what to do, as in what I need to turn off to stop this automatic uploading?  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Mike.  What I did was to go to task manager and disable one drive at startup.  This way, your documents and such only get uploaded to one drive if you manually start the one drive app.  Mind you, there might be other better ways of doing this, but this is the only method I've used.  Cheers!

On 7/9/2021 11:23 am, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,

My sister is running Windows 10 21H1 latest and she's having an issue with her Word files automatically uploding whenever she creates or edits an existing document.  I believe this is either a OneDrive issue, a Word setting, or maybe both.  Since I don't have OneDrive turned on and I turned hers off when I set up her computer I'm thinking that OneDrive may have possibly been turned on during an update.

Would someone that has experienced this behavior please inform me as to what to do, as in what I need to turn off to stop this automatic uploading?  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Mike B.

Hi Jaffar,

Thank you very much.  This is what i was going to do, but I wasn't sure if there was a setting in Word that needed to be changed as well.  Hope you and the family are doing well.  Thanks again.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Monday, September 06, 2021 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Word Files Uploding Automatically

[...]

Hi Mike.  Come to think of it, I might have come across this under the word options menu.  But I am Vague about this.  Still no harm in trying to search for it in there though.  Hope you and yours are doing well too.  Cheers!