From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Giovanelli
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 10:18 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] xls protected view

Good Morning,

I was given a spread sheet which I cannot read. It shows "protected view."

How can I open such a file?

Thank you very much for your help.

Joe Giovanelli, w2pvy

Alan Robbins

F6 then tab to enable.

Alan

I was given a spread sheet which I cannot read. It shows "protected view."

How can I open such a file?

Thank you very much for your help.

Joe Giovanelli, w2pvy

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Roberta and Allen,

Thanks for your mail. The notes were very cryptic but they did get me to read the sheet a bit. Each of the approaches gave me more and different information from what I had.

I can read some of the data. It is a list of all the MIDI program changes and banks associated with my music keyboard.

Is there a way by which this data can be converted to a more readable file type, such as .doc or .txt? I do not believe I can access and use the information otherwise.

I look forward to any ideas.

Joe G.

On 5/13/2021 1:00 PM, Roberta Nevels wrote:
Alt F then I, then e