You Tube links expiring?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, I have been doing my guitar lessons via Zoom and my instructor has been sending me their recordings as You Tube links. 

I am now wanting to go back and revisit my first piece that was in late January or early February.  However, when I click on those links now, which did work at that time, they now say “Not available”.

Do You Tube links expire and can they be renewed?

Since I’m paying a hefty fee for each lesson, I am distressed over the idea that I might have to pay him yet again for the lessons.

If they do expire, is there a way to make a more permanent recording with the computer?

Thanks very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Gene

If the instructor provides these links and you listen to lessons at your convenience, not live, then they are available at least for a time.  You should use a program like Pontes Media Downloader to download the audio, or, if you wish, you can record them as they play.  Its up to you how you do this.  I can tell you about a recording program you can use and I can tell you more about Pontes Media Downloader.  Others can discuss such topics as well. 

I don’t know why the material is no longer available.  I don’t know if links to certain material expire or if your instructor is making the material unavailable.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 1:55 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] You Tube links expiring?

Hi List, I have been doing my guitar lessons via Zoom and my instructor has been sending me their recordings as You Tube links. 

I am now wanting to go back and revisit my first piece that was in late January or early February.  However, when I click on those links now, which did work at that time, they now say “Not available”.

Since I’m paying a hefty fee for each lesson, I am distressed over the idea that I might have to pay him yet again for the lessons.

If they do expire, is there a way to make a more permanent recording with the computer?

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

www.avg.com

John Holcomb II

They can  be removed either by YouTube for copyright reasons or by the person who uploaded it themselves.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 3:13 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] You Tube links expiring?

If the instructor provides these links and you listen to lessons at your convenience, not live, then they are available at least for a time.  You should use a program like Pontes Media Downloader to download the audio, or, if you wish, you can record them as they play.  Its up to you how you do this.  I can tell you about a recording program you can use and I can tell you more about Pontes Media Downloader.  Others can discuss such topics as well. 

I don’t know why the material is no longer available.  I don’t know if links to certain material expire or if your instructor is making the material unavailable.

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 1:55 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] You Tube links expiring?

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

www.avg.com