zoom help

Kimsan

Hi,
Normally when I use zoom as I am using jaws 2020, I have headphones in.
Which option do I select if I take the headphones off so I can hear the
participents in zoom and they can also hear me?

I was in a meeting with the school on Friday, I was able to hear them, but
they couldn't hear me. I'm unsure if it's because my internal mic sucks or
it's just the wrong option I chose under audio.
I have an important meeting on Monday, so I don't want the same thing to
happen again.
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Hello if you hold the space key on your computer it will temporally unmute you. If you want to unmute completely press the keystroke alt a.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

On May 15, 2021, at 7:39 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,
Normally when I use zoom as I am using jaws 2020, I have headphones in.
Which option do I select if I take the headphones off so I can hear the
participents in zoom and they can also hear me?

I was in a meeting with the school on Friday, I was able to hear them, but
they couldn't hear me. I'm unsure if it's because my internal mic sucks or
it's just the wrong option I chose under audio.
I have an important meeting on Monday, so I don't want the same thing to
happen again.
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Gene

Do you have a recording program?  If you can record yourself, Zoom will receive the microphone signal.  The microphone source setting may be available in Zoom.  If not, or whether it is or not, do you know how to work with Windows sound settings?  You also don’t say if you are using a USB mike, a mike built into a computer such as a laptop, or a microphone that plugs into a jack such as an eith-inch jack.  You need to set the microphone sourse to the microphone you are using.  If you have your sound card set to use another source such as line-in, microphone will not be the source unless the source is a combination such as line-in/microphone.

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] zoom help

Hello if you hold the space key on your computer it will temporally unmute you. If you want to unmute completely press the keystroke alt a.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

> On May 15, 2021, at 7:39 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Normally when I use zoom as I am using jaws 2020, I have headphones in.
> Which option do I select if I take the headphones off so I can hear the
> participents in zoom and they can also hear me?
>
> I was in a meeting with the school on Friday, I was able to hear them, but
> they couldn't hear me. I'm unsure if it's because my internal mic sucks or
> it's just the wrong option I chose under audio.
> I have an important meeting on Monday, so I don't want the same thing to
> happen again.
> Kimsan Song
> kimsansong@...
> If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
> artist channel at
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
> Also, you may follow me on twitter:
> https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Kimsan

I’m using a USB logitec headset.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 7:17 PM

Hello if you hold the space key on your computer it will temporally unmute you. If you want to unmute completely press the keystroke alt a.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

> On May 15, 2021, at 7:39 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Normally when I use zoom as I am using jaws 2020, I have headphones in.
> Which option do I select if I take the headphones off so I can hear the
> participents in zoom and they can also hear me?
>
> I was in a meeting with the school on Friday, I was able to hear them, but
> they couldn't hear me. I'm unsure if it's because my internal mic sucks or
> it's just the wrong option I chose under audio.
> I have an important meeting on Monday, so I don't want the same thing to
> happen again.
> Kimsan Song
> kimsansong@...
> If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
> artist channel at
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
> Also, you may follow me on twitter:
> https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Gene

I’m asking what microphone you use.  When you plug in the headset, that becomes the default audio device.  When it isn’t plugged in, whatever you are using otherwise becomes the default device.  We need to know what you are using for a microphone when you aren’t using headphones.

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 9:05 PM

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 7:17 PM

Hello if you hold the space key on your computer it will temporally unmute you. If you want to unmute completely press the keystroke alt a.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

> On May 15, 2021, at 7:39 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Normally when I use zoom as I am using jaws 2020, I have headphones in.
> Which option do I select if I take the headphones off so I can hear the
> participents in zoom and they can also hear me?
>
> I was in a meeting with the school on Friday, I was able to hear them, but
> they couldn't hear me. I'm unsure if it's because my internal mic sucks or
> it's just the wrong option I chose under audio.
> I have an important meeting on Monday, so I don't want the same thing to
> happen again.
> Kimsan Song
> kimsansong@...
> If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
> artist channel at
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
> Also, you may follow me on twitter:
> https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

chris judge

Hi Kimson.

So you are using a USB headset normally?
When you unplug the headset, zoom should revert back to your internal mic
and speakers but you might want to make sure both options are set properly
under zoom settings. Have you gone through the zoom audio settings to make
sure the proper mic is selected? Also, make sure you aren't set to mute on
entry. When you have determined that the proper mic and speakers are
selected, use the test microphone button under audio settings to make sure
both speakers and mic are working properly.
Chris Judge